At Sciknow we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products.
Sciknow has been working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste. Since mobiles and other electronic items are made of hazardous constituents under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1stOct 2016. Sciknow will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products. Sciknow will comply with all the applicable laws related to E-waste management.
As a part of e-waste recycling initiative, the company will provide E-waste drop off centers or Collection Center and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. We ensure proper recycling and disposal of E-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of E-waste. E-waste is channelized through our consumers to collection centers to our authorized recycler/ dismantler M/s E-WASTE RECYCLERS INDIA via its logistic company M/s Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
Do’s: Follow the instructions for proper handling of end-of-life equipment in our catalogues
- Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorized recyclers/dismantlers.
- Consult your nearest Sciknow Collection Point for disposing products that have reached end-of-life.
- Drop-off used Mobile Phones, batteries or any accessories at the nearest Sciknow Collection Point at your cost.
- Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options.
- Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage.
- Never dismantle your electronic products yourself.
- Never dispose electronic products in bins having ‘Do Not Dispose’ sign.
- Never sell or give E-waste to informal and unorganized/unauthorized sectors like local scrap dealers.
- Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills.
- In case of any queries regarding the proper disposal and/or recycling of electronics, consumers can contact the call centers
Mechanism of collection of e-waste:
Consumers may call our toll free number at 18002129974 and address their queries to the Call Centre. Using this number, consumers get aware about addresses of our dismantler’s collection centers. Consumer can deposit their e-waste at our dismantler’s collection centers from where it goes directly to the authorized dismantling unit.
They can also write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us: 0751-7150001
Toll free no. : 18002129974
Collection Centers List : Click Here to Open Collection Center List